Monday, October 30, 2017

Robed in Fantasy on Etsy

Did you know I'm a garber, a costumer? I love to sew and have been since I was in the 8th grade, when a neighbor taught me to sew in exchange for hanging out with her niece for the summer. We were friends for years and hung out whenever she came to town. 

One nice thing about sewing is whenever I write myself into a corner or get stuck on a scene, I just move the office chair over to the sewing machine and make something. It's creative and often my mind works out the problem while the fabric is transformed into a garment. Then I'm ready to jump back into writing. It's a back and forth thing sometimes but works for me.

I sometimes sew commission costumes. Most recently was the 4 piece suit for the Beast character from The Beauty and the Beast movie. It was so much fun. Here's a photo:



Now, I do sell costuming at events and online through Etsy. If you're interested, my shop is called Robed in Fantasy. This is a pirate poet shirt I listed this morning. https://www.etsy.com/listing/568438391/3xl-burgundy-pirate-renaissance-shirt

Let me know what you think and leave me a comment below if there is something you do that's creative. I believe there are many more of us out there than visible on the surface.

No comments: