Tuesday, July 16, 2013

30 Days of Corsets Days 11, 12, & 13

 
 
Again, I'm combining several days of this corset challenge. I'm running into questions I cannot answer or feel I've already talked about the subjects in previous posts.
 
I don't have a photo of me in a historical corset so that one's right out.
 
Next is the question:  "Corsetgasms": weird or really cool?
Seeing as how I had no idea what a corsetgams is, I almost skipped this one. But then noticed this post on the Wasted Lives blog (the folks who started this challenge). http://waistedlives.tumblr.com/post/54448482062/corsetgasam-to-clarify
 
A corsetgasm refers to the changes in your body when you've worn a corset for a while and then take it off. For me, my posture sucks and it isn't long before I'm wanting to put a corset back on. Of course, if there's every pinching due to wast tape or my belly against the bust, I'm happy for that to get relief. However, the same effect can be achieved by relacing my corset or wearing a liner.  I don't notice much when I take off my corset but always notice my back realigining when I put one on. For me, that is cool because I get relief from any back or sholder pain I'm experiencing.
 
The next question is about lacing myself. Can I lace myself or do I need assistance?  I can lace myself. I don't when I'm breaking in a new corset because I have a more difficult time making sure the gap is even. I also don't lace myself when putting on a corset that's been damaged. I'd rather ask my husband for help than risk making it worse.  Truthfully, I don't think he minds much. 
 
When you lace yourself, just don't expect to do it in a hurry. Take your time and get it on right. You'll be more comfortable in the long run.
 
For the rest of the month, I'm planning to focus on showing ways I typically wear my corsets. Take the white satin one in the photo above. I wore a yellow summer sweater overtop this one that day but only took that off to show off the corset for the photo.  When I attended my writer's meeting, I don't believe any of them noticed I had a corset on. That's one of the things I like. I can conceal it if I want or incorporate the corset into that day's 'look'.
 
 

 

No comments: