Sunday, July 21, 2013

30 Days of Corsets: Day 17


Okay, first off I have to say I hate the angle my husband took this photo. However all six of the shots were the same. This is the first time I've put this particular corset on so wore it only about two hours. Then I changed into something already broken in.

This satin corset has a bell shape so it has a built-in peplum design. That's nice for hiding the tummy. I can wear it with a skirt like here or with leggings. In the photo, I have a scarf on, but I also have a red and black Chinese style and patterened jacket that looks nice. Additionally, I have a short sleeved red sheer-lace jacket I can wear over top.

This corset has a placket inside at the front busk to prevent pinching of the skin. I really like that feature and plan to put one on the corsets I'm making. The modesty panel in the back isn't very wide but it does extend the entire length of the corset--including the skirting. It came in with black satin ribbon for the back laces but I will likely replace that. The ribbons look nice but are a real pain to lace up on my own. I prefer the heavier cording that's more like boot lacing. They pull more easily and stay tied.

There's no fancy embellishment on this corset but that means I can change the look with whatever I wear on top. I can add a fake fur collar or a bolero. I can give it a Christmas look with boots or a Valentine's day with a long skirt. I can also put it with a blue bottom and a flag themed scarf and jewelry for Independence Day. Sometimes less is more and that's what I had in mind when I bought this one...versatility.

No comments: