Thursday, April 18, 2013

Book on Body Modification

Yesterday I found a book to add to my body modification reference books. This one's called Running the Gauntlet:  An Intimate History of the Modern Body Piercing Movement by Jim Ward.

Some of the photos inside could be too graphic for some folks. I found them just what I wanted for learning more about this subject. Before this I was unaware of eyeball tattooing.

The book title refers to the body piercing business in West Hollywood called Gauntlet. It's a place in which some folks call the forefront of modern day body modification. I've read quite a bit about it in other references and so when this book focuses on Gauntlet, I was interested in knowing more. It does have some nice historical photos and explains a few basics for what types of piercings are called.

1 comment:

Anne Brooke said...

Hi, Kim! Any chance of getting that promised Rights Recovery letter for Painting from Life any time soon? Or do I have to keep on chasing ...

All good wishes!!

Anne B