Thursday, November 6, 2008

Here Be Dragons


Do you love stories about dragons? I do. I can’t say if it’s the fantasy loving side of me speaking or if it comes from my fascinations with dinosaurs and things medieval. Dragons appear in nearly every culture in one form or another and they have long been symbols of power.

I know what you’re thinking…dinosaurs? Yep. You read correctly. I firmly believe that the dragons of old are the last remnants of dinosaurs. Archaeopteryx because I know there is a castle which contains a building block with an Archeoptryx fossil in it. (I tried to locate a pic of this online with no luck; my apologies.) Also, perhaps Pterodactylus and Pteranodon, though they are considered flying reptiles and not flying dinosaurs. (From DinoDatabase.com)

I always watch the dragon movies: Reign of Fire, Dragonheart, and particularly love the animated thing done by Animal Planet. You can check it out here: http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/dragons/dragons.html

Let me tell you about a great book I’m in. It’s an anthology of stories about DRAGONS! It’s titled, Firestorm of Dragons. I hope you’ll check it out because I’m so very proud to be among other dragon lovers in this anthology. I’ve read every tale in here and loved them.


www.firestormofdragons.com
ISBN: 978-1-896944-80-7
Dragon Moon Press
www.dragonmoonpress.com
Edited by Michele Acker & Kirk Dougal

Featuring the works of:

John Teehan J.M. Butler
Chris Azure Kevin Tisserand
Kirk Dougal Eric Diehl
Bob Nailor Kim Richards
Karina L. Fabian Dana Sisson
Sarah R. Suleski Richard Bray
Michele Acker Tina Morgan
Tina Morgan

Firestorm of Dragons
Fantasy Anthology of Dragon stories by some of today’s most intriguing authors.

Check out the Firestorm of Dragons Website and leave me a comment about which story sounds the most intriguing to you. Every comment goes into a drawing for a free copy of Firestorm of Dragons.

1 comment:

Karina Fabian said...

Kim's story is excellent, BTW. None of the stories in this anthology disappoint. With unique takes on dragons and great storytelling, they'll keep you amused. Check out their website at www.firestormofdragons.com.

My story is "DragonEye, PI," about a noir-style dragon detective eeking out a living on the wrong side of the Interdimensional Gap. This story sparked a universe that has resulted in stories and books, plus a webstite with Vern's blog. If you like dragons, mystery and satire, check out http://www.dragoneyepi.net.

Karina Fabian